$120 for 2 hours
If you are ready to dive into your portfolio to get some suggestions on what can be improved and learn some techniques and things to look for that can improve your wildlife photography and post processing this is a perfect course for you. This is an online remote course where I will share my computer screen with you to review your portfolio together and discuss the specifics that can make it overall better. Next we will choose some of your photos that I will show you how I would edit them using Lightroom and Photoshop. Lastly you will share your screen with me and I'll walk you through the editing process step by step so you can learn different post processing techniques. The entire online meeting will be customized to teach exactly what you are hoping to learn.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- An honest discussion about your current portfolio. I will be kind but not hold back with pointing out things that can be improved upon. If you are not ready to hear that this may not be the workshop for you.
- I'll be showing you step by step how I would edit some of your photos as you watch on my screen.
- We will then switch so I can see your screen and talk you through the editing process on your own computer as you do the steps yourself
- This session is completely customizable to what you want to learn and how you would like to learn it
- I use Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop to do all of my editing so that is the software I'm most proficient at teaching. If you use other software I'll happily do my best to help you with that.
- Learn how to leverage adjustment layers and layer masks in Photoshop to take your photos to the next level.
- Learn basic minor adjustments that make your photos pop to really strong edits that remove unwanted objects and completely change the look of a photo.
- The online meeting will require you have either Skype or Google Hangouts so that we can share screens with each other. They are both free so if you don't already have them you can download either one and install them for the session.
- I will require a link to your online portfolio, either your own website, online gallery or any social media where you share your photos. Instagram will work but it's hard to really see images so small so most other social media is better (Flickr, 500px, even Facebook)
- I'll ask you to choose a few photos that you would like to edit and send me the original RAW files. I can send a private file request if you do not have an easy way to send them to me.
- I'll ask that you put together a list of topics or questions you would specifically like to learn or go over so we can make sure to discuss the exact topics you are interested in.
- A basic understanding of Lightroom and/or Photoshop is highly recommending. For Photoshop and understanding of layers and cloning is helpful but not required.
- Lastly be open minded and prepared for an honest critique of your photography.
WHAT I WILL PROVIDE:
- One on one online critique of your current wildlife photography portfolio
- Step by step instruction to show you how I would edit some of your photos
- Step by step walk through as you edit your photos
- Answer to any questions you have about all things photography related as well as post processing and workflow.
Below you can see some before and after examples to see the difference good post processing can make in the final photo. The before images are straight out of the camera and the final edit shown. My style of editing is not for every wildlife photographer but if you are looking to make your photos shine with solid editing techniques then this could be the online workshop for you.